[IUCr Home Page]

Re: COMPCOMM: Background on Software Patents

Dear Lachlan,
Let me express my opinion about your proposed draft
also as member of the IUCr ExeComm responsible for
the Computing Commission.
I basically agree with David and Alessandro that the
message against software patents is right but the stile
of the document is too radical.
I hope you can produce a more balanced document.
Best wishes
Davide

Davide Viterbo, Prof.
Dip. di Scienze e Tecnologie Avanzate - Università del
Piemonte Orientale "A. Avogadro" - Corso T. Borsalino 54,
I-15100 Alessandria, Italy

PLEASE NOTE new phone and fax numbers and E-Mail
Voice: +39-131-287414, Fax: +39-131-287416
E-mail: davide.viterbo@mfn.unipmn.it

Reply to: [list | sender only]

Copyright © International Union of Crystallography

IUCr Webmaster