[IUCr Home Page]

Members of the IUCr Computing Commission

Dear Members of the 2005-2008 IUCr Computing Commission

Please consider this message to our list as a starting point for
a lively discussion on the following issues:

1 - The next Crystallographic Computing School

2 - Issues to be addressed by the computing commission

ad1) Prior to the IUCr Florence meeting we organised a computing
     school in Siena, close to Florence. This type of combining of
     activities turns out to be very efficient.

     We will now have to start the planning of a next computing school.
     Relevant questions are:
     - Is a similar combination of school + congress possible/desirable
       for the 2008 Osaka IUCr Congress ?
     - What will be the carrying theme of the school ?

ad2) Our commission member Lachlan Cranswick Edited an informative
     newsletter in the previous 2002-2005 period.
     Is this something to continue ? New ideas ?

I hope that all commission members will share their views on the above
issues by sending their suggestions to this list:

                          compcomm-l@iucr.org

Best wishes

Ton Spek

Chairman of the IUCr Computing Commission

--
# Prof. Dr. A.L.Spek, Laboratory of Crystal and Structural Chemistry       #