[IUCr Home Page]

Re: IUCr congress - CompComm nominations and suggested symposia -

Just a comment - we have run various CCP4 Study weekends/ workshops, and
the ones where automation is a key theme tend to be very boring and
reduce to salesman style talks - of course automation is important and
many people want it, but they do not make up the audience at a Computing
school!. What is interesting is the decision making behind the
automation. I think you should reword your topics to emphasize that:

Eg Decision making for Automation of Data acquistion  ( there could be
talks on both small and macro molecular approaches, and prob. powder as
well)

Decision making for refinement protocols

and so on..

Eleanor

Lachlan Cranswick wrote:

>Based on feedback and replies - following is the list of suggestions for CompComm
>topics for the Japan.
>
>Lachlan
>
>- Automation and interfacing methods in Macromolecular Crystallography
>
>- Automation and interfacing methods in single crystal and powder diffraction
>
>- New algorithms for macromolecular crystallography
>
>- New algorithms for single crystal and powder diffraction
>
>- Algorithmic developments for solving structures
>
>- Validating structures by use of crystallographic databases
>
>- New algorithms for incommensurate, non-periodic and magnetic crystallography
>
>- Methods and algorithms for linking diffraction with non-diffraction information
>
>- Crystallographic algorithm libraries
>
>-----------------------
>Lachlan M. D. Cranswick
>Contact outside working hours /
>  Coordonnees en dehors des heures de travail:
>NEW E-mail / courriel:  lc *at* bluehaze.com.au
>Home Tel: (613) 584-4226   ;   Mobile/Cell: 613 401 3433
>WWW: http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/
>        P.O. Box 2057, Deep River, Ontario, Canada, K0J 1P0
>
>(please use clear titles in any Email - otherwise messages might
>accidentally get put in the SPAM list due to large amount of junk
>Email being received. If you don't get an expected reply to any
>messages, please try again.)
>
>(Essayez d'utiliser des titres explicites - sans quoi vos messages
>pourraient aboutir dans un dossier de rebuts, du fait de la quantite
>tres importante de pourriels recue. Si vous n'obtenez pas la reponse
>attendue, merci de bien vouloir renvoyer un message.)

begin:vcard
fn:Eleanor  Dodson
n:Dodson;Eleanor
email;internet:e.dodson@ysbl.york.ac.uk