[sdpd] Re: Am I still a member of this list?

Although Peter Stephens should really answer this, my impression based on recent discussion is that this software does solve real problems but is much too premature to deal with questions of public domain or commercialization.

John

At 07:13 PM 8/27/99 +0200, you wrote:
Jens Wenzel Andreasen wrote :

>or is it just awfully quiet these days?

Almost 180 subscribers are awfully quiet. This is maybe
a normal behaviour in August, with all these vacations and
congress.

I have one question :

At IUCr XVIII, Glasgow, S Pagola and P.W. Stephens
(M11.DD.003 : ROUTINE STRUCTURE SOLUTION OF
MOLECULAR SOLIDS USING POWDER DIFFRACTION:
THE MALARIA PIGMENT), talked of a new molecule location
software working by simulated annealing which seems to be
a competitor for DASH (David and Shankland) or PowderSolve
(from MSI) or ESPOIR (etc).

I did not heard the name of this new program nor if it will
be made available (public domain or commercial ?).

Somebody can help ?

Best,

Armel Le Bail - Université du Maine, Laboratoire des Fluorures,
CNRS ESA 6010, Av. O. Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 9, France
http://www.cristal.org/

Dr. John Faber
Principal Scientist
ICDD