[sdpd] Re: Powsim, Simpel, Dorees...

Armel,

CAILS is distributed as part of CCSL which is available as fortran source
 from the ILL website and CCP14. Lachlan has some notes from me about
compiling it on a PC.

It's an option for the refinement programs (eg tf12ls) as opposed to a
program in itself. CAILS=Cell And Intensity Least Squares. As opposed to
RIET or SAPS (Structure And PeakShape). See the CCSL profile refinement
manual which is linked to the hrpd webpage at isis.

Cheers,

Jon

PS: That link is:
http://www.isis.rl.ac.uk/Crystallography/CCSLguide.htm

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Armel Le Bail wrote:

> >Powsim, Simpel, Dorees, Rotsearch, Rots96, Mithril,
> >Octopus97, Mice, Gapss, Focus, SHP, Cails, CN13LS12,
> >Ajust, Xlens, AAP, PMC (...).
> >
> >Are those software, related to SDPD, available somewhere
> >on Internet  or elsewhere ? At which condition ? Information
> >is welcome.
>
> The question was not a complete waste of time, as suggested
> by Lachlan, since a summary of the responses gives one link to
> Focus, up to now  (thanks to Ch. Baerlocher), available with
> source code :

> Information about focus can be found on
> http://www.kristall.ethz.ch/LFK/software/
>
> Software availability:
>
> The FOCUS source code is freely available. Please contact Ralf
> Grosse-Kunstleve at rwgk... @laplace.csb.yale.edu for more information.
>
> The length of the above software list shows that some teams keep
> jealously their tools in their exclusive hands. This is their full right.
> But these software will be hard to include in a SDPD Course.
>
> Best,
>
> Armel Le Bail
> http://www.cristal.org/course/

         Dept. of Chemistry, Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW
   Phone-Office 01223 (3)36396; Lab 01223 (3)36305; Home 01223 523710