[sdpd] Re: SDPD stagnation

Dr. Holger Putz [mailto:holger.putz...@gmx.de] wrote:

This is exactly the point where I see the advantage of commercial
programs...they allow a lot more people (and not just a few experts) to use
new technologies for their personal needs.
While these programs are wonderful and useful, they are typically beyond the
price range of most University diffractionists. I inquired about several
programs last year and even with an "academic" discount, most were in the 5
to 15K price range. When you have a budget of 1K (maximum) for software, the
commercial programs are only a desire, not a reality.

Henry Barwood
Indiana Geological Survey