[sdpd] Re: Gui's

At 10:47 24/02/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>www.delorie.com/djgpp
>
>Some GUI's to try, or at least, to see. GNU licence, no commercial
>product.
>I haven't tried (yet), so I don't know more details. If you do, share,
>pls.

While the folk-lore seems to be that a good GUI is 80 to 90% of
the programming effort, following are some open source
(Operating System Independent) GUI C++,  building kits.

 WxWindows
  http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/

 V++ (Object Central)
   (by the author of Grammatik - if you remember that program)
  http://objectcentral.com/

There are others but these seem to be the two main C++ options.

----

Again, you don't know how applicable and what nuances may be
encountered until you try them.  But the WxWindows had some good
scientific examples - one was called Santis (renamed recently to
Dataplore) for signal and time series analysis of data.

   http://www.datan.de/santis/

Lachlan.

Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction

15th December 1999 to 4th March 2000
Queen's University, Dept Geological Sciences,
Miller Hall, Union St, Kingston, Ontario
Canada, K7L 3N6

Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: l.cranswick...@dl.ac.uk  Ext: 3703  Room C14
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk