[sdpd] Synchrotron - where ?

The mail below concerns more French scientists.

SDPD is easier from synchrotron data, and french scientists
may have another reply than suggested : support
a french synchrotron facility in France, and a European
facility in Europe, as well as a British facility in UK.

RAL or Daresbury, I have no preference, as french...

Sorry Lachlan !

Armel Le Bail

Dear All,
After a meeting with a local MP today it has become clear that rumours are
abound that the French Government has been told that the French scientific
community support the building of the new UK synchrotron at the RAL site in
Oxfordshire.
We believe that this is not the case and thus urgently need your support and
that of your colleagues.
If you support the belief that DIAMOND should be sited at the same location
as the current synchrotron and where all the UK expertise in SR currently
resides, i.e. at Daresbury, please could you submit a brief email to Prof.
Samar Hassnain at the following address
S.S.Hasnain...@dl.ac.uk
and state your beliefs as a member of the French User community. We would
appreciate it if you could request a similar response from your colleagues.
This is an URGENT request and an immediate response will be gratefully
received.
Yours truly
Mark
--
Dr Mark A. Roberts Tel.: (+44) 01925 603907
9.1 Station Manager Fax.: (+44) 01925 603124

Armel Le Bail - Université du Maine, Laboratoire des Fluorures,
CNRS ESA 6010, Av. O. Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 9, France
http://www.cristal.org/