Re: [sdpd] XFIT KOALARIET

> I would like to know if someone has already noticed that using XFIT
> KOALARIET on a PC Portable launch (after a few mns) the processor cooling ?
>
> XFIT seems to appreciate a lot the processor... !

Have not specifically noticed this on my Laptop but I
believe a lot of work went into XFIT to give it
some highly optimised algorithms to make it run as
fast as possible on Win95 (and Win98).
Thus this could be stressing the CPU and Memory in
a way standard Windows programs do not(?).

One drawback for some of the compiler switches used
is that XFIT is not 100% WinNT friendly.

> Is this version of XFIT-KOALARIET is the final one ? Is it froozen for
> eternity ?-)

It would seem so.  Alan Coehlo is now working for Bruker on
the newly written Topas peak profiling/Rietveld/Structure
solution software - which uses both traditional and
fundamental parameters based methods.  Thus Topas should
be seen as the sequel for XFIT/Koalariet.

  http://www.bruker-axs.com/

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: l.cranswick...@dl.ac.uk  Ext: 3703  Room C14
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk