Re: [sdpd] Poll results for sdpd

>Does anyone FULLY trust their Rietveld programs, bond distance angle
>software or powder indexing programs?

That is your poll, not mine :).

Well, there are two categories of programs, those doing things
that you can do with your own brain (usually simple things), and those
doing things that you are completely unable to do by yourself.

For the above programs, you can hardly check the results by using only
your human brain and your eyes, as it is possible for a space group
proposition (something quite simple, after a few months learning
crystallography). So that if you submit a manuscript for publication,
including results from the above programs, this means obviously that
you trust enough the results (if not fully), I hope for databases.

The usual behaviour in life is that if you can check by yourself an
uncertain process, then you check. Thus, the poll was biased
(voluntarily). That is frequently the case for a referendum...
People have no real choice. I would conclude that 98% of
powder diffractionists prefer to not participate to a poll with only
one choice.

Best,

Armel Le Bail
http://www.cristal.org/course/