Re: [sdpd] Automatic peak position hunting

> But it seems that I have more resources than any
> peak search program since I had no difficulty to find
> manually the 2 peak positions. I do not blame the software,
> my student blames it, and I wanted to share this with you.
> No solution apart from recollection or doubling the number
> of points by interpolation? Did you try and do you
> confirm the failure of these programs to propose 2 peaks
> when you can see them ?

For the Savitzky-Golay procedure the solution is in
either reducing the convolution range or choosing a polynomial
of a higher degree (if the software allows it).

I, personally, prefer manual peak hunting . the most safe and
reliable one. Of course, it takes time (about 5-15 min for  Kalpha2 stripping,
proper smoothing, calculation of 2-nd derivative curve and mouse clicking) but
it may allow to avoid problems with false or unresolved peaks in the process of
cell determination.

Leonid Solovyov

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/40740/_/977488484/