Subject:       RE: Crysfire bug report
Date:          Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:51:06 -0500

Dear Robin,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. Indeed I already worked with
CRYSFIRE in win 95/98 and I was able to work with that properly. But no
with my new computer and new version of windows ME I am not able to work
with as before.

I tried to change the DOS environment space to 1024 or 2048 by inserting
a shell command in config.sys file. Then I saved the file with the same
name and reboot the computer. Surprisingly I see the config.sys does not
contain the line which I was added and instead a config.bak file was
created that includes the shell command line I already typed in
config.sys file.

I understand that the problem should be related to Windows ME
configuration. I tried to find any answer from Microsoft on-line help
line. But up to now I have found no solid solution. I only found that
unlike old version of MS windows (Win 3.x, 95,98) it is not easy to work
in DOS environment within Win ME.

The exact problem of working with TREOR is as follows:

After typing QUit command this message is appears on CRYSFIRE Screen,
"Running TREOR90 Indexing Program from steering file..." and the curser
is flashing in CRYSFIRE screen. When the mouse pointer is moved out from
CRYSFIRE screen-border Windows ME stops responding and I need to reboot
my computer.

I hope you still can help me to fix those problems.

With Best Regards
M. Hassan Zahedi-Niaki
Department of Chemical Engineering
Laval University