[sdpd] STX:RIET: Updated CRYSFIRE Powder Indexing (Robin Shirley) and CHEKCELL for Windows powder indexing helper tood by Jean Laugier and Bernard Bochu

There is a new minor update of the Crysfire powder indexing
suite by Robin Shirley.  This interlinks with Ito, Dicvol, Treor,
Taup, Kohl, Fjzn, Lzon and Losh.

This new version relevant for people trying to index powder patterns
containing less than 20 reflections (e.g., where Treor may report that it
indexing "20" out of "18" peaks).

There is also a new version of Chekcell (Graphical Powder Indexing helper
tool by Jean Laugier and Bernard Bochu): which has had misc
bug fixes: including extra sanity checking when dealing with
reviewing results from peak lists containing  less than an I/I20
of "20".   (Chekcell interlinks into Crysfire and graphically
interprets the Crysfire Summary file)

--------

Tutorial runthroughs on the web:

   CRYSFIRE:
     http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/tutorial/crys/

   CHEKCELL:
     http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/tutorial/lmgp/index.html#chekcell

--------

Crysfire download:

UK:
  http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/ccp/web-mirrors/crys-r-shirley/

Canada:
  http://ccp14.sims.nrc.ca/ccp/web-mirrors/crys-r-shirley/

########

LMGP Suite software download:

UK:
  http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/ccp/web-mirrors/lmgp-laugier-bochu/

Canada:
  http://ccp14.sims.nrc.ca/ccp/web-mirrors/lmgp-laugier-bochu/

(LMGP Suite Software needs MS-Windows to be running in
"Small Fonts Mode" and 1024x768 screen resolution or better)

--------

Lachlan.

Lachlan M. D. Cranswick
Geochemistry - Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University
PO Box 1000, 61 Route 9W Palisades, New York 10964-1000 USA
Tel:  (845) 365-8662   Fax:  (845) 365-8155
E-mail: lachlan...@ldeo.columbia.edu  WWW: http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu
       CCP14 Xtal Software Website: http://www.ccp14.ac.uk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/UbTVlB/TM