[sdpd] Mercury release

Dear Colleague,

CCDC is pleased to announce the release of version 1.0 of its new
crystal
structure visualiser program Mercury.

Mercury forms part of the Cambridge Structural Database (CSD) System,
and
will be shipped out to subscribers as part of the CSD System with the
October 2001 release, but we are nevertheless making Mercury available
anyone to download from the CCDC website, completely free of charge,
as a
service to the crystallographic and computational chemistry
communities.

Supported on Windows, Linux Intel, Solaris and SG IRIX operating
systems,
Mercury offers comprehensive facilities for visualising crystal
structures
in three dimensions, including:

* full range of structure display styles, view
directions, colours and structure manipulations
* location and display of hydrogen bonding and other
short contacts
* ability to build and visualise a network of contacts
* packing diagrams of single and multiple cell contents
* measurement and display of geometrical parameters
* display of centroids, least-squares mean planes and
Miller planes
* ability to generate and display slices through a
crystal in any direction
Additionally, Mercury offers;
* downloading of hit lists from ConQuest
* browsing of the entire CSD or of in-house databases
* import of structures in other formats
* the ability to save displays

We invite you to download Mercury from CCDC's website, use it, and
feed back
all comments that you have, negative or positive, to us at
support...@ccdc.cam.ac.uk . Enhancement and development of Mercury will
go on,
guided by your feedback, and new updates will be made available for
download.

Please do tell your friends about Mercury - we'd like the program to
be used
as widely as possible. If you already subscribe to the CSD System,
there is
no need to wait until your October release arrives!

You can find further details of Mercury, and links to download, at

http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/prods/mercury/

Best Regards,

from Everyone at the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Pv4pGD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/UIYolB/TM