[sdpd] More than 100 SDPD papers in 2002, in fact...

Hello,

Seems that I concluded too fast that 2002 would not
see the 100 SDPD papers gap passed through.

I made a more thorough research of references (the more
efficient way being to use authors name + "powder"
as keyword, and then reading the abstract !) which
shows that certainly more than 100 papers were
published (so that the number of structures determined
may well be close to 120-130, since some papers
contain several SDPDs).

See the new cumulative histogram (for published papers) at the
bottom of that Web page :
http://www.cristal.org/iniref.html

The list of most prolific authors has changed accordingly :
http://www.cristal.org/iniref/proli.html
H. Schenk is now close to D. Louër for the leadership ;-).
All these structures determined by Grid Search show
that Monte Carlo/Simulated annealing/Genetic algorithm
are not the unique pathway to a successful SDPD in
direct space when the three-dimensional molecular formula
is known.

I guess that the number of organic/organometallic phases
structures determined by SDPD is now larger than the
number of inorganic phases.

Soon 1000 SDPD papers published, and 200 per year, I think.
Finally it comes ! Too much papers for reading them all
deeply and making statistics on software and methods used...
I give up !

Best,

Armel

PS - Only one answer to my query for lacking references...
Who cares really about the SDPD Database ??? Beginners only,
probably. Sure, the database is yet incomplete.