[sdpd] FullProf help with magnetic phase

Hello Folks,
   I've been having trouble fitting neutron powder diffraction patterns of
NiO, a relatively simple antiferromagnet, using FullProf.  Basically, the
nuclear part of the fit is no problem, but I have trouble with the magnetic
part.  I've tried a number of methods, but I'll describe what seems to be
the most straightforward one.  I define a purely magnetic phase, using
JBT=5.  I define no propagation vectors, and a doubled unit cell.  I
specify P1 space group and no symmetry elements (the structural space group
is F m -3 m or R -3 m, depending on whether you consider a slight trigonal
distortion).  I define positions of ALL magnetic ions in the doubled cell
(32 Ni2+ ions), with occupancy 1.0.  For each ion, I specify a phase of 0.0
or 0.5, depending on which sublattice the moment is on.  When I run
FullProf, after convergence is reached, I get a warning dialog saying
"Sum(Iobs=0): have you really reflections?".  Then the displayed pattern
doesn't seem to have any magnetic peaks.
   Can anyone help me out?  Is there an example of a similar approach to
defining a magnetic phase that someone can point me to?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Kodama, Assistant Professor
University of Illinois at Chicago