Re: [sdpd] Recent Congress and comiing ones about SDPD

Dear Jon,

The texture information may help indexation in the way that the angular relationship are parts of the texture info. Then, not only peak positions are checked, but hkl for these peaks have to be coherently linked with the angles between directions in the single crystal. This means you need to scan for texture (see my previous email here), of course. But this is not included in the actually developped indexing programs.
One important thing would be to provide the program with a physically coherent orientation distribution which requires kind of a lot of measurements. Cause you will not see any texture-free lines if a texture exists, except for peculiar textures that unfortunately are not that often met.

>Can all this be done using laboratory diffractometers?
I gave you an http in previous email, in which you can find a lab diffractometer that can acquire such spectra, this is a 4-circle diffractometer + a PSD. All my samples are powdered, and flat most of the time.

daniel

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/UIYolB/TM