Re: [sdpd] GSAS-nanoparticles

Hi and a Happy new year to you all.

>I'm using the pseudovoigt function, and in one case all of the calculated
peaks >match the data, except that one peak is very off (shifted) and far
too low in >intensity.
any texture,  residual stress problem in your sample ?

>The third big problem I'm having is with data from cubic shaped
nanoparticles, >which are aligned along an axis.  I'm using the spherical
harmonic model for >preferred orientation, but the calculated intensity is
still lower than the data.
Logic, spherical harmonics are not generally representing correctly high
level of texture.

daniel

----
A Quantitative Texture Analysis Internet Course:
http://qta.ensicaen.ismra.fr/
----
The Crystallographic Open Database:
http://www.crystallography.net
----
Daniel Chateigner

Professeur
Co-Editor Journal of Applied Crystallography

CRISMAT-ISMRA, UMR CNRS n° 6508
Bd. Maréchal Juin, 14050 Caen FRANCE
Tel prof: 33 (0) 231452611
Fax:      33 (0) 231951600