Re: [sdpd] hydrogen bonds distances

Evelyn,

>Does anybody have any opinion about if this variation in the hydrogen bond
>length is significant for structures solve with powder samples?

On top of the very sensible comments already - your experimental data
should have an opinion on this via a significance test. Fix the H-bond
length at the values you expect and refine everything else, then see if
it has a "significant" impact on the goodness of fit. Chemically it
sounds like they should be the same (just extending the chain by a C2H4
unit?), so it would be very surprising if this really impacts on the
fit. Perhaps the compounds have different degrees of crystallinity which
is leading to the artifacts through an imperfect model. Or can there be
traces of other polymorphs present?

Good luck,

Jon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TzSHvD/SOnJAA/79vVAA/UIYolB/TM