Re: [sdpd] Percentage crystallinity calculation using Powder XRD

>Iam an working on the percentage of crystallinity calculation using the
>powder XRD pattern. Could any one can give me some documentation or the
>reference information.

If you do not have access to the Web of Knowledge nor
direct access to other commercial systems, then try
the new Scholar Google search engine :

135 references obtained by a search with keywords
"crystallinity percentage X-ray":
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=crystallinity+percentage+X-ray&btnG=Search

Anyway, I am afraid that this kind of estimation needs
for a calibration curve established from well known mixtures
of crystalline and amorphous phases.

And the question is : is there really a clear separation between
these two parts when the crystalline part becomes highly
defective ? So, be prudent with your results...

Best wishes,
Armel

PS - Other search for references possible at :
INGENTA: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/
INIST : http://www.inist.fr/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/UIYolB/TM