Re: [sdpd] Powder themes Hawaii ACA meeting

I vote for MEM. It seems like a very powerful method, but I am personally
in need of guidance on both the theory and the available programs.

Is there any interest in a resonant scattering session?

                                 Angus

At 01:40 PM 4/25/2005 -0400, you wrote:

>Dear Powder Diffraction Users,
>
>The 2006 American Crystallographic Association annual meeting will be in
>Hawaii, and we are now thinking about themes for sessions that will be of
>interest to the x-ray and neutron powder diffraction community for that
>meeting.
>
>Possible topics have been suggested:
>
>1. Image plates
>2. MEM
>3. Circum-Pacific facilities
>4. Phase equilibria and the determination of phase diagrams
>
>We invite your suggestions for other possible sessions now, so that they can
>be discussed and finalized at next month's ACA meeting in Orlando.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Bryan Chakoumakos
>Powder Diffraction Special Interest Group, Chair Elect
>
>Bryan Chakoumakos, Ph.D.
>Center for Neutron Scattering
>Oak Ridge National Laboratory
>P.O. Box 2008, Bldg 7962
>Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6393
>
>865-574-5235 phone
>865-574-6268 FAX
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Dr. Angus P. Wilkinson                          School of Chemistry and
Biochemistry
Prof. Chemistry and Biochemistry                        Georgia Institute
of Technology
Prof. Materials Science and Engineering                 770 State St.
                                                 Atlanta, GA 30332-0400
                                                 Tel: 404 894 4036
                                                 Fax: 404 894 7452

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EA3HyD/3MnJAA/79vVAA/UIYolB/TM