[sdpd] questions on FullProf

Dear FullProf Users,

I'm a PhD student learning the use of FullProf for Riteveld refinement; I read the manual, but I have still some doubts:

1)  BKpos: it's the origin of polynomial function for background: where do I derive it ? I found an example about a refinement on HRPD (ISIS) from where my data too come, and BKpos = 45000.0; can I use this value even if I change background type ?

2) Iabscor: it's the absorption correction for TOF data (it's 2 for cylindrical samples); is it always necessary ?

3) Tmin - Step - Tmax : what's the meaning of Step in a TOF measurement? In the example it's 2.3125, where does it come this value from?

4) in the section of profile function, and in particular where there are the parameters of the relation between TOF and d, what is the meaning of the codes for Zero, Dtt1, and Dtt2 ?

Thanks in advance, and excuse me for the triviality of questions!

marco

Marco Sommariva
Department of Materials Science
University of Milano - Bicocca