[sdpd] structure of Zn2GeO4 reg

hello all
  i am a research student from Cochin University of Science and  ttechnology, Kerala, India. I have some basic doubts regarding the  structure of zinc germenate.
  in the JCPDS card it is given as rhombohedral with space group R-3 but the a,b,c values are given as a=b=14.231 and c=9.53
  but normally rhombohedrals have a=b=c and alpha =beta=gamma not equal to 90.
  why this discrepancy, is it due to any specific reason. please help me  in thei gardssince i am not an expert in crystallographic analysis.
  thankyou  all in advance
  anoop menon

  Anoop Menon
Research Scholar,