[sdpd] Post doc

Dear Colleague,

I have a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher in my group and I
would be grateful if you would bring the advertisement below to the
attention of potential applicants in your group or in your
department. I will be very happy to provide further information.

I apologise if you receive this message more than once.

Yours sincerely

Simon J Clarke

Advert follows:
*****
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
INORGANIC CHEMISTRY LABORATORY
Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Grade 7: salary £25,633 - £31,525
p.a.

Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to
work with
Dr S J Clarke of the Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, on the
synthesis, structures, and physical and chemical properties of a
series of layered oxide-sulfide and oxide-selenide solids. This post
will be funded by the EPSRC for a period of 36 months. Candidates
should have a PhD in Inorganic or Solid State Chemistry or should
have submitted a thesis prior to taking up the appointment.
Candidates should ideally have significant experience in solid state
synthesis and expertise in single crystal and/or powder
crystallography. Experience in magnetometry, transport measurements,
solid state NMR spectroscopy or computational solid state chemistry
would also be desirable additions to the successful candidate's
portfolio.  The starting salary is dependent on experience.

Further particulars of this post (ref. DH06024/SJC, including how to
apply, are available from our website:
http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/jobs.asp; E-mail: rita.higgs...@chem.ox.ac.uk.
Informal enquiries may be made to
Dr S J Clarke (simon.clarke...@chem.ox.ac.uk). The closing date for
applications is 19 January 2007.  It is hoped that the successful
applicant would start as soon as possible by mutual agreement.
*****

Dr Simon J Clarke               Tel: +44 1865 272600 (switchboard)
Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry Tel: +44 1865 272695 (direct)
Department of Chemistry         Fax: +44 1865 272690
University of Oxford            Email: simon.clarke...@chem.ox.ac.uk
Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
South Parks Road
Oxford OX1 3QR, UK