RE: [sdpd] Supplier of low background sample plate

Gem Dugout are still in business (I have an order going through), but I would suggest phoning rather than email if you need to contact them.

Pam

________________________________

From: sdpd...@yahoogroups.com on behalf of edmund_cussen
Sent: Thu 08/02/2007 5:53 AM
To: sdpd...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sdpd] Supplier of low background sample plate

Hello

As this is my first post (for a number of years) I should introduce
myself. I have recently moved to Scotland to join the University of
Strathclyde as a lecturer. My research interests are in the structure
and physical properties of mixed metal oxides. I am currently looking
at Li conductivity and the magnetism of molybdates and use both X-ray
and neutron powder diffraction routinely.

I am trying to find a supplier of low background sample mounts for
flate plate X-ray diffraction (i.e. Bragg Brentano) geometry. I have
previously used a section of silicon single crystal cut and mounted in
a manner that produces no Bragg reflections in the diffractometer plane.

Does anyone know of a supplier of such plates. Or of any good
alternatives such as single crystal of quartz ?

A google search has turned up the GEM dugout
(http://www.thegemdugout.com/products.html <http://www.thegemdugout.com/products.html> ) but they seem to have
stopped trading as I've had no reply from them. The only alternative
seems to be Output Enablers
(http://www.io.com/~oe/index.html?right=diffraction.html <http://www.io.com/~oe/index.html?right=diffraction.html> ). Does
anyone here have any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help