Re: [sdpd] size distribution

>is there anybody who can suggest me a free software to calculate size
>distribution (not only the average size!) from X-ray powder diffraction data?

Hum, I only have an old software (1978) to propose,
corresponding to this publication :
http://journals.iucr.org/j/issues/1978/01/00/a16727/a16727.pdf
The Fortran source code is at the end of this thesis :
http://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/index.php?halsid=160a6b66ef59089a3a61512891e179f7&view_this_doc=tel-00007041&version=1
However, nobody used it since that time ;-).
The entry is the f(x) sample profile in the convolution
classical expression h=f*g, and should be size-only...

More recent publications correspond to Monte Carlo
approaches, but are the software available ?? I don't
know.

For instance :

DINUNZIO PE; MARTELLI S; BITTI RR
A MONTE-CARLO ESTIMATE OF CRYSTALLITE-SIZE AND MICROSTRAIN
DISTRIBUTION-FUNCTIONS FROM X-RAY-LINE BROADENING
Abstract: A method of X-ray line-broadening analysis is presented whereby
the coherence length and microstrain contributions can be calculated using
a Monte Carlo interference-function-fitting algorithm. The method is based
on the 'column-like' crystal model and can be applied to both single and
multiple-order reflections. Examples on simulated diffraction peaks,
deformed face-centred-cubic palladium powder and heavily textured deformed
body-centred-cubic low-carbon-steel sheets are presented and comparisons
are made with currently applied methods.

You can find more easily.

Best wishes,

Armel

<*> Your email settings: