[sdpd] Re: Exp. CIF simulated powder pattern for charge density

Hi,

I am not an expert in charge density distribution study
(this is certainly not the purpose of this SDPD mailing
list).

I would say that charge density distribution are expected
to be obtained from carefully measured experimental
single crystal data, and from nothing else, certainly
not from calculated patterns from atomic coordinates
taken from a CIF. Why ? Because these "known" atomic
coordinates will lead to exactly the charge densities
corresponding to the theoretical diffusion factors used
for the intensities calculations. Too perfect...

Calculated values cannot be assimilated to experimental
values, never.

Best wishes,

Armel

>I have been using some experimental CIF files available in
> the net for different materials for the simulation of powder
pattern.
>  I am refining this for the charge density distribution study. Are
the
> results are justifiable. Can I claim that this is the experimental
> charge density derived from powder data. Kindly explain.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)