Re:[sdpd] EPDIC-11 - September 2008

>Many thanks for telling me about this website. I think it will help me a
>lot in
>powder diffraction.

"EPDIC conferences are intended to be the place where all powder
diffractionists, independently of whether they are more interested in the
theoretical advances or in the application of the techniques, can meet and
exchange ideas and experiences"

In that declaration, you can replace "EPDIC conference are"
by "SDPD mailing list is" etc ...  can virtuallly "meet and exchange ideas
and experiences."

I suspect that real meetings have the advantage on virtual meetings
to allow for undiscussed shows : celebrities tell their own truth to a silent
audience.

Here, a stupid guy may well say "hey, OK, Genetic algorithm may
also provide sometimes the structure solution, but can you give us
any argument that it is much better than by using simulated
annealing or other direct-space approaches, and that we shall use
it preferably ? Anyway, is your software available ?".

The problem here is also that no answer will be obtained whereas
no such question will be asked at the EPDIC.

Best wishes,

Armel

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional