Re:[sdpd] Problem with refinement of Ni-Zn ferrites

Hi Muhammad Ali Malik,

    I want to have a try.
    But I can not find the XRD pattern attached.
    If you will, you can contact me.
    E-Mail:xujun16...@163.com

Best Regards,
Xu Jun

At 2011-02-13 00:44:18,"Muhammad Ali" <aliphy2008...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Respected Sir/Madam

Attached is the XRD's pattern. I have tried my best to solve this structure, but

failed to do so. The refinement becomes unstable, when I try to perform Rietveld

Refinement. I have to provide the information about the site occupancies in
order to justify the electrical and magnetic properties of synthesized nano
ferrites. If you can help me in this regard, i shall be very thankful to you for

this act of kindness. Moreover, your name will be included as co-author (If you
like).

The sample information is as under
· Chemical formula: Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4
· Total Number of Formula Units in a Unit Cell = 8
· The ferrite structure is considered as closed packed structure of
Oxygen, which has metal ions on the interstitial sites. The interstitial sites
are of two types, Tetrahedral sites and Octahedral sites.
· Crystal System: Cubic
· Space group: Fd3m (space group #:227), Lattice
parameter=8.40 angstroms
· Coordinates for tetrahedral sites (x = 0.12500, y = 0.12500, z =
0.12500)
· Coordinates for Octahedral sites (x = 0.50000, y = 0.50000, z =
0.50000)
· Coordinates for Oxygen sites (x = 0.25490, y = 0.25490, z = 0.25490)

the other model that might be used to solve this structure is as follows.

STRUVIR (STRUPLO) data :

TITL Spinel MgAl2O4
CELL 8.089 8.089 8.089 90. 90. 90.
SPGR F D 3 M