[IUCr Home Page]

Re: COMPCOMM: Re: thoughts on computing schools at IUCr 2005

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Lachlan Cranswick wrote:

> A per a message on the 3rd of September - who can be actioned to
> be the head of organising this?  Does Ton need to sound a person out
> for this?

I'm happy to do initial stuff for a macromolecular workshop - I've helped
CCP4 organize theirs, so I'm certainly aware of the needs etc.

One thing that does need to be sorted out properly for any computing
workshop at a very early stage is that the mess that happened with
PCs (or rather lack thereof..) at Geneva should never be allowed to
happen again.

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology,
MRC Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH

See http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/harry  for Mosflm, BCA and
crystal growing details

Reply to: [list | sender only]

Copyright © International Union of Crystallography

IUCr Webmaster