[sdpd] Re: Time for an indexation Round Robin ?

At 15:18 10/09/99 +0100, Lowly wrote:
>I'm a little bit surprised no one is suggesting electron microscopy as a
>tool for indexing. Either as first stop or a last resort, depending upon
>whether you have access to someone skilled in electron diffraction.

We have HREM here, but this particular sample would not resist
to the electron beam.

Anyway, I am not very confident in indexing by electron microscopy,
especially if the cell is of low symmetry with angles slightly
deviating from 90°. I know of many examples where HREM failed,
or proposed wrong cells, but powder diffraction succeeded.

May I send you a sample ?

Armel