[sdpd] Re: a suggestion...

and John Faber wrote :
>The ICDD maintains the PDF-2, that contains information on approximately
>120,000 powder patterns.  In addition, the ICDD is compiling a database of
>full patterns (the database is called PDF-3).

I would say that PDF-3 is not really compatible with some natural difficulties
of students in poor countries. That is why I did not cite ICDD, but only
free access to existing data. I am sure that ICDD is happy to receive full
patterns. However, I do not find large motivations to add data for free in
databases which I should then buy. A kind of natural behavior too.

Best,

Armel