Re: [sdpd] I have a problem.

>Since there are no other peaks of
>sufficient weights are left in the fourier map, I don't know what should I
>conclude and simple X-ray will not  tell me about this proton if present
>at all. Can you say something more on this?

Without data I can only give general advice ;-). But I can
tell stories like unexpected reactions with containers during
synthesis or pollution of the initial ingredients either due to the
manufacturer or to the chemist himself, and leading to deviations
from the estimated chemical formula. Sometimes, it is interesting
to perform again the experiment with different starting chemical
compounds (and after verification that they are effectively
corresponding to what is written on the box), and different
containers. I am sure that many chemists could tell incredible
stories and may list some irreproducible experiments. That is
certainly an hypothesis you should consider as well. Nature is very
good in merging elements on the same atomic sites, so that just
have a look at minerals at :
    http://www.geo.arizona.edu/xtal-cgi/test
this may inspire you.

Best wishes,

Armel Le Bail - Université du Maine, Laboratoire des Fluorures,
CNRS ESA 6010, Av. O. Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 9, France
http://www.cristal.org/