Re: [sdpd] I have a problem.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion Prof. Le Bail. I'll surely try to do
these bond-valence calculations. I'm not sure if there is any chance at
all to have Cl and K occupying the same site even due to disorder.
Chemically they differ, even though their respective ions (anion and
cation) may not crystallographically.

My earlier thinking was that there could be a mobile proton somewhere in
the structure which may be balancing the negative charge of chloride
anion but such a proton if present in the structure would be too acidic,
and will destroy the structure. Since there are no other peaks of
sufficient weights are left in the fourier map, I don't know what should I
conclude and simple X-ray will not  tell me about this proton if present
at all. Can you say something more on this?

Secondly are there any reports of charged species crystallized where
counter-ion is not present in the structure? This sounds quite absurd to
me myself but I just came to this crazy thought. I understand that if such
a charge were present then in the whole extended lattice it would lead to
too much of unbalanced charge and the structure will definitely collapse.