Re: [sdpd] Help on decimal symbol in CONVERT and POWDER of Nita Dragoe

> I'm here asking your help again!
> I'm trying to use CONVERT and POWDER, however, I found the decimal =
> symbols didn't work in the programs. Whatever I input "0.02" or "0,02", =
> the PC just thought as "2" (I'm talking about 2theta step, the same =
> happened to the initial 2 theta).=20
>
> Well, I'm using NT with spanish system. The decimal symbol was ",", I =
> reseted it to "." one week ago. And it worked in other programs, such as =
> POWDERX, Excel, etc.

There is a list of powder diffraction data converters at:

 http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/solution/powderdataconv/index.html

---

Though what format are you trying to go from?

If the format is corrupted then until put in a format
that a converter can handle, canned programs may not
be able to do the job.

Powder v2.00 (sequel to convert for Windows) can handle
a free format  - and ConvX, PowderX and Winfit (all for
for MS-Windows) can handle column format

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: l.cranswick...@dl.ac.uk  Ext: 3703  Room C14
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk