[sdpd] how to purchase a high resolution diffractometer

 Hi All,

 My colleagues are purchasing a new diffractometer,
 which will be dedicated to structure determination
 and Rietveld refinement.
 We thought about getting a system with Incident Beam
 Monochromator (IBM) for high resolution, it however,

 has the disadvantage of lower intensity and, with
 some samples, fluorescence. The last disadvantage can
be avoided with a Peltier cooled solid state detector.
 I wonder if it is not easier to forget the IBM and
 have only the Peltier cooled solid state detector,
 and then choose Kbeta singlet if resolution is
needed,
 while working with Kalfa doublet if intensity is
 needed. In principle with such system and a
 multichannel analyzer even both data sets (Kalfa and
 Kbeta) can be recorded at the same time for
 multiwavelength refinement. Comments?

 Any comments about a good resolution system to
 purchase will be welcome.
 Comments on experiences with systems equipped with
 Peltier cooled solid state detector will also be
 appreciated.

 Thanks in advance,

 Ariel

 MSc Ariel Gomez