Re: [sdpd] Re: crystal structure of Lu2O3

Hi Guilhem:

Many thanks for your answer.  I had told the student to look in Wyckoff.
He said he did and found the structure of all the other Ln2O3, but that of
Lu2O3 was not there.  Since he is not my student, and I was very busy at
the time, and also I do NOT have a personal copy of the Wyckoff series, I
did not have the time to double check, and I supposed he looked correctly.
Thank you very much for taking the time to do it.  Merci beaucoup.

Georges Denes

=====

At 12:02 PM 10/14/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>found in Crystal structures - Wyckof - vol.2
>
>Lu2O3- bixbyite structure - Ia3 - a=10.391
>Lu1     0.25   0.25    0.25
>Lu2     u        0          0.25     (u~ -0.02 :  -0.03)
>O        x        y          z          (x~0.39; y ~ 0.15;  z ~ 0.38)
>
>maybe it would help you to start. surely there are
>recent papers about that.
>
>Guilhem DEZANNEAU
>LMGP, BP 46
>domaine universitaire
>38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES, FRANCE

Dial 1-800-555-TELL -- You Won't Believe Your Ears!
For more details, click here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9537/14/_/40740/_/971716571/