[sdpd] The (small) budget makes the law

Hello,

Wanting to add to an internet course some more teaching
by using a software very recently released to academic
research (PowderSolve), I asked for the prices for 12
versions, plus a master one.

Probably I am not a good haggler because the software
producer proposition was largely exceeding the total annual
fees for the course registration of the 12 students. Given that
this software would be used for 1/10 of the course sessions,
the course will continue to be based on a freeware (ESPOIR)
for this SDPD sub-topic (molecule location).

Anyway, there is no proof somewhere that ESPOIR is
more inefficient than PowderSolve...;-)

Still waiting for a stable version of DASH...

Time for a second SDPD Round Robin exclusively
on molecule location ? Any organizer welcome.

Armel Le Bail
http://www.cristal.org/course/

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/14/_/40740/_/972314892/