Re: [sdpd] The (small) budget makes the law

> Anyway, there is no proof somewhere that ESPOIR is
> more inefficient than PowderSolve...;-)

If it takes 5 minutes for a user to graphically set up a
PowderSolve run on a trial cell - and a few hours(?) of
muddling around in ESPOIR getting the fragments in the right
format - maybe finding out a few days later that things were
not set up correctly?  Not a proof - just an opinion.

> Time for a second SDPD Round Robin exclusively
> on molecule location ? Any organizer welcome.

Perhaps a suggestion would be:

 i)  solving only (cell and spacegroup provided) - compound one

 ii) indexing, spacegroup and solving  - compound two

Though I think it should be mandatory that the sample
should also be solved by micro-crystal synchrotron
techniques prior to any powder data being distributed
so that a proper benchmark result is present.

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: l.cranswick...@dl.ac.uk  Ext: 3703  Room C14
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/14/_/40740/_/972320351/