Re: [sdpd] How hot are the "special methods" for SDPD ?

Armel wrote....

>But the real revolution, which we are all expecting, will occur if
>SDPP is applied to organic compound at a large scale. What would be a
>large scale ? Well, 500 SDPD papers per year would be fine. We are
>far from this number.

When I asked an organic chemist if they were interested in trying
structures without single crystals they said they were mainly after
stereochemistry from crystallography (ie absolute configuration). This is
only one anecdotal case, however, if you find a way to routinely determine
absolute configuration using powder methods then an upturn in the number of
publications of organic structures from powder data is likely to occur.
Crystallising together with something of known configuration is one way to
achieve this, but I expect it is far from routine. And I haven't got time
to try it :)

Best,

Jon