[sdpd] LaB6 standard sample preparation

Hello all,

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find the references.  We
have purchased a batch of the LaB6 standard powder and we want to prepare a
suitable powder diffraction sample.  I was thinking about pressing the
powder in a pellet, but I seem to remember some people (I think Dr.
Cranswick was one of them) talking about annealing the sample to avoid
preferential orientation.  Can someone point me to some references about it,
possibly on the internet ?

Kind regards,

Sven Van den Berghe

Sven Van den Berghe
Scientific Researcher
Reactor Materials Research Department (RMO)
Laboratory for High and Medium Activity (LHMA)
Boeretang 200
B-2400 Mol
Belgium
Tel. : +32 14 33 30 64