[sdpd] (unknown)

Hi Group,

I am interested in polymorphism of some metal halides and have observed a periodic trend in the structure.  I wish to compare the Madelung energies of observed and theoretical structures for all the members of the series.  Does anyone know of a program I could download (GNU liscence or something similar)to do these calculations?

I am also using M. Whangbo's program CAESER to do extended Huckel calculations on the same series.

Roger

Roger M. Sullivan
Department of Chemistry, Box 8204
North Carolina State University