Re: [sdpd] Re: Welcome to sdpd

>for example I'm curious about
>how data from a protein looks on a conventional instrument.

It looks unrefinable without a huge number of geometrical restraints. Just like
with synchrotron powder data. Moreover, it looks unsolvable from any powder
instrument, unless you have a lot of chance (you know already the molecular
formula), or unless it is a very very very small protein. To my knowledge,
only one protein structure was "solved" from powder data up to now, because
it obviously derived (produced by hand-crushing) from a previously known
other protein.

Anyway, I would welcome a synchrotron in my lab.

Best,

Armel

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/UIYolB/TM