[sdpd] Optimal instrument configuration

I am in the process of replacing and old Philips diffractometer with a new
system. Currently the consideration is to replace it with a new Bruker D8, with
a primary beam monochromator (Ge) and  PSD detector. I have no experience with
the PSD detector and am wondering if there are any suggestions or comments as to
the optimization of this system (especially for collection of powder data to be
used in structure solution). Is this the best configuration and what advantages
does the PSD have over a solid state detector (other than speed)?

Thanks,
Michael Dicks

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/UIYolB/TM