Re: [sdpd] Optimal instrument configuration

>Is this the best configuration and what advantages
>does the PSD have over a solid state detector (other than speed)?

According to Philips, the best configuration uses the X-celerator
detector... According to Bruker, or Rigaku, (or etc) the best configuration
may be different. Anyway, your configuration will certainly allow you to
be successful in SDPDs. Alpha-2 almost eliminated with low flux
consequence. Some problems with fluorescency are possible for 3d
elements (this is a disadvantage, but I cannot find any other advantage
than speed for a PSD).

Best

ALB
http://www.cristal.org/powdif/low_fwhm_and_rp.html