[sdpd] Sintered samples + Rietveld

Hi,

I am actually working on the Rietveld study of
Zirconia doped samples in which i would like to
extract the whole powder diff. pattern information
possible starting from cell parameters, till
microstructure, passing by amounts on different
phases.

The problem is that my samples are sintered pellets
which surprisingly (or not ?) leads to some problems :
It seems that diffractograms often show an important
sample displacement (maybe bad preparation ??)...which
would logically affect intensities.

My question is :
Is it reasonnable to work with sintered pellets
samples to perform Rietveld ?
If the answer is yes, is there a particular procedure
to prepare such samples...

precision:
- Unfortunately, these samples can hardly be milled
- and powders submitted to the same Heat-treatment
than pellets would surely lead to different structural
properties (in particular resp. amounts
tetra/monoclin. forms)
- orientation effects are surly not a problem since
samples are nanocrystalline

Thanks for your Help

Dr. G. Dezanneau
University of Barcelona