RE: [sdpd] Inert atmosphere sample scan problem?

Well, what is your instrumental setup?

If you can scan samples packed in capillaries, and you have a glove box
handy, then it is no problem.

If you have a constant background holder (e.g., Si plate, etc), you can
sprinkle some powder on sticky tape and stick to the sample holder.  The
tape protects for a short time (hours, not days).

If you need to have a very long scan, you could try to cover the front with
thin metallized mylar tape but it is more trouble to seal (I have used
pieces of my daughter's birthday ballons for this purpose when I don't want
to take the trouble to pack in capillary). Someone has reccommended self
adhesive mylar in the past for this purpose, which may work just as well.

AlexY

Dr. Alexandre F. T. Yokochi
Assistant Professor (Senior Research)
Department of Chemistry