To:            sdpd...@yahoogroups.com
From:          Cora Lind <cl284...@cornell.edu>
Date:          Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:09:05 -0500
Subject:       [sdpd] Crysfire/Dicvol

Dear all,

I am trying to index a pattern with Crysfire, and it seems possible that
the cell is triclinic. When I wanted to confirm the cell proposed by Ito
and Treor with Dicvol using option "3" in Crysfire 2002 (which claims to be
"triclinic search only"), the program searched for orthorhombic and
monoclinic cells (and proposed some, but with rather low figures of merit)
instead of the desired triclinic cells. Did anybody use this option with
the current Crysfire version, and did you encounter the same problem? How
did you solve it? In an attempt to overcome this "bug", I edited the *.dvd
file just before starting the indexing run, but the file was back to the
original keys (searching everything BUT triclinic) when I reopened it in
Notepad while running Dicvol. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cora

Cora Lind

Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology
Baker Laboratory
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-1301

Phone:	(607) 255-4164 (W)	(607) 257-6954 (H)
Fax:		(607) 255-4137 (W)	(607) 257-6954 (H)

e-mail:	cl284...@cornell.edu