[sdpd] questions on FULLPROF

Dear All,

I am used to use GSAS for noncolinear magnetic structure
refinements for both the Time OF Flight (TOF) and the
constant wavelength data.
As I just learned that FULLPROF can be used to analyze incommensurate magnetic structures based on the irreducible representation analysis, I have been trying to use
FULLPROF.  However, I have 3 questions:
1.  How to include the TOF incident spectrum ?  So far,
    I could not find the explanation in the manual and
    could not find the menu in the program
2.  I do not understand the term "atomic displacement rotation
    matrices" mentioned in page 97 of the FULLPROF manual
    (year 2001).  Particularly, I am having trouble in
    understanding the example described on the last page of 98
    and the begining of page 99, i.e.;
        SYMM  -X, -Y, -Z
        DSYM  U, -V, W, 0.0    ---------------> WHY ?
        MSYM U, V, W, 0.0
    I thought the line with the word WHY should have been
        DSYM    -U, -V, -W
    as the displacement is a polar vector.  Moreover,
    I thought that the displacement does not
    contribute to the magnetic structures.
    Or probably I missunderstood the basic
    of the magnetic shubnikov space group ?
3.  What is the formula of the TOF profile function ?
    Or at least is there anybody that can give me
    literatures of the TOF profile function used in
    FULLPROF ?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

-- agus
Agus Purwanto
Neutron Science Laboratory (KENS)
Institute of Materials Structure Science
High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK)
1-1 Oho, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0801 JAPAN
(phone) 81-298-64-5610
(fax)   81-298-64-3202
(email) purwanto...@post.kek.jp

Please use purwanto...@post.kek.jp until the end of May 2004.

$50 - $100 gift card with digital cameras & camcorders $299 & up
Now you can have the digital camera or camcorder of your dreams, and a gift card to put towards a future purchase. Excludes select models.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/bHgiAD/FjRGAA/ySSFAA/UIYolB/TM