Re: [sdpd] McMaille slight update

The package is in a *.deb form as well as sources.  The way to get them is
with the "apt-get" tool in Debian Linux.

Put the following in the /etc/apt/sources.list file

# for the "stable" (woody) distribution
deb http://fermi.phys.iit.edu/debian/woody binary/
deb-src http://fermi.phys.iit.edu/debian/woody source/

# for the "testing" (sarge) distribution
deb http://fermi.phys.iit.edu/debian/sarge binary/
deb-src http://fermi.phys.iit.edu/debian/sarge source/

There are other x-ray related packages there as well.

The binary is in the *.deb form.  The sources come in three pieces: the
original tarball (somewhat modified by me for reasons of stripping the
"CR" characters); the differences patch file (which contains the changes
I have made in order to get the program to compile with g77 as well as all
of the debian control files); and the description file.

Since g77 does not have the facility for reading keypresses, I have
modified the program to write a lock file in /tmp and theck to see if it
is there on a regular basis.  If it has been deleted, the program exits
gracefully.

It is possible to convert debian packages to redhat but I haven't tried it
with this one.  If you want the modified source tree, the

apt-get update
apt-get source mcmaille

sequence will produce this for you in a subdirectory.

The version I have labeled 3.04a is the one released yesterday.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics